HelloFresh Canada Review: Cannellini Bean Veggie Burger
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our January HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the first of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code YEAR3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh Canada – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Cannellini Bean Veggie Burger With Sriracha Mayo and Baby Gem Lettuce
Who doesn’t love a burger? These will have you wishing for more. The creamy cannelini beans combined with veggies and hummus make for a a veggie burger with a great texture and even better falvour. Fast and simple, you’ll love this veggie burger recipe!
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 100 g Baby Gem Lettuce
- 2.5 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 56 g Onion, chopped
- 56 g Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin, ground
- 1 unit Carrot
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Flour
- 2 tbsp Hummus
- 4 unit Slider Buns
- 10 g Garlic
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- Preheat your broiler to high (to toast the buns).
- PREP – Wash and dry all produce.* Mince or grate the garlic. Drain and rinse the beans. Coarsely grate the carrot. Roughly chop the spinach.
- COOK SPINACH – Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the onions, spinach and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions soften, 3-4 min. Remove the pan from the heat and cool slightly.
- MAKE PATTIES – In a medium bowl, coarsley mash the beans using a fork or potato masher. Stir in the cooled spinach mixture, half the grated carrots, 2 tbsp hummus, cumin and chickpea flour. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into four 3-inch wide patties.
- COOK PATTIES – Heat the same non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the patties. Cook until warmed through and golden-brown, 5-6 min per side.
- TOAST BUNS – Meanwhile, cut the buns in half and arrange them on a baking sheet cut-side up. Toast in the centre of the oven until golden-brown, 1-2 min. (TIP: Keep your eye on the buns so they don’t burn!) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the mayo and as much sriracha as you like. Thinly slice the baby gem lettuce.
- FINISH AND SERVE – Spread the buns with the sriracha mayo and arrange the burgers between the buns. Top with the sliced baby gem lettuce and remaining grated carrots.
Notes: I am super picky when it comes to veggie burgers. There’s a fine line between too dry and too soft when it comes to any burger made with beans. Especially the vegan-friendly kind. But I’m happy to report that this one was very good. It wasn’t too dry, which means the patties stayed together during the cooking process and while assembling the burgers. They were a little soft on the inside, but that could be fixed by making smaller, thinner patties or baking them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. I’m trying to limited my carb intake, so I removed the top bun and replaced it with a few more lettuce leaves. I ate two burgers for lunch and the other two for dinner. It worked out perfectly and I would definitely make them again.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service! We plan, prep, shop, and deliver fresh ingredients straight to your door!