HelloFresh Canada Review: Chickpea-Powered Mediterranean Couscous
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our May HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the first of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code AYOB3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh Canada – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Chickpea-Powered Mediterranean Couscous with Roasted Veggies and Goat Cheese
Simple Mediterranean flavours come together in the most blissful way in this dish. Fresh and light veggies, couscous and chickpeas fill you up without a heavy feeling. Add ultra creamy goat cheese and you have a winner!
- 1 can Chickpeas
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 227 g Zucchini
- 10 g Thyme
- 10 g Garlic
- 1 unit Lemon
- 113 g Grape Tomatoes
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- ¾ cup Israeli Couscous
- 28 g Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (to roast the chickpeas, zucchini and tomatoes). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Arrange chickpeas on a baking sheet and gently pat them dry with paper towels. Sprinkle over 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika (double for 4 ppl) and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4 ppl) toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, stirring halfway through roasting, until golden-brown, 24-26 min.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce.* Cut the zucchini into 1⁄2-inch pieces. Strip 1 tbsp thyme leaves (double for 4 people) from stems. Mince or grate the garlic. Zest and juice half the lemon (1 lemon for 4 ppl). Cut the remaining lemon into wedges.
- On another baking sheet, toss the zucchini, tomatoes and half the thyme with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, until the tomatoes start to burst, 12-14 min.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the garlic and couscous. Toast, stirring occasionally, until the couscous is lightly golden, 2-3 min. Add the broth concentrate(s) and 1 1/3 cups water (double for 4 ppl). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the couscous is tender, 8-10 min.
- Stir the veggies, remaining thyme, 1 tbsp lemon juice (double for 4 ppl) and 2 tbsp oil (double for 4 ppl) into the couscous. Sprinkle the lemon zest over the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Divide the couscous between bowls. Sprinkle over the chickpeas and goat cheese. Squeeze over a lemon wedge, if desired.
Notes: This recipes was quick and easy to make. I made it for lunch and had leftovers for dinner. The ingredients are simple and healthy. No heavy sauces here, just lemon, oil and smoked paprika. I found the portions sizes to be perfect, just the right amount, and the tiny bit of goat cheese on top added the right amount of flavour. I would definitely make this one again.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service! We plan, prep, shop, and deliver fresh ingredients straight to your door!