HelloFresh Canada Review: Mushroom and Leek Linguine
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our April HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the second of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code AYOB3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh Canada – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Mushroom and Leek Linguine with Thyme, Garlic and Parmesan
All the elements in this dish are classics that are made for one another. Mushrooms, leeks and thyme have nothing but love for one another and couldn’t pair better with a creamy sauce and pasta. Enjoy!
- 170 g Fresh Linguine
- 113 g Cremini Mushrooms
- 85 g Leek, sliced
- 10 g Garlic
- 10 g Thyme
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- 10 g Parsley
- Make sure to salt the pasta water! Salted water flavours the pasta from the inside out as the pasta cooks. Wash and dry all produce.* Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Mince or grate the garlic. Strip 1 tbsp thyme leaves off the sprigs. Roughly chop the parsley. Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the leeks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 min. Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden-brown and the garlic is fragrant, 7-8 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add the linguine to the boiling water. Cook until the noodles are tender, 2-3 min. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- Add the broth concentrate and reserved pasta water to the pan and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream cheese until the sauce comes together, 2-3 min.
- Return the pan to medium heat. Add the linguine, 1 tbsp butter and half the Parmesan cheese to the pan. Cook, stirring together, until the pasta is warmed through, 1-2 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mushroom and leek linguine between bowls. Sprinkle with the parsley and remaining Parmesan.
Thoughts: I always look forward to a good pasta dish. Especially when it is cold and rainy outside. Pasta isn’t part of my regular diet, it’s more of a treat, or a cheat meal if you will. In addition to that, the cream cheese and parmesan aren’t exactly vegan-friendly……but everything in moderation. I found this meal quick and easy to prepare, I loved that the leaks were pre-sliced. My only complaint would be the portion size. There’s no way this would have been enough for the fiance, luckily he is away at work. He could have easily eaten both portions in one sitting. If he had been home I would have served this dish with a large salad and maybe some bread. Aside from that I loved the flavour.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service! We plan, prep, shop, and deliver fresh ingredients straight to your door!