HelloFresh Canada Review: One-Pan Mushroom Tortellini Gratin
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our January HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the last of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code AYOB3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh Canada – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
One-Pan Mushroom Tortellini Gratin with Cripsy Parmesan Crust
Flavourful mushrooms in a creamy sauce with tender pasta and a crunchy topping are what’s for dinner! Perfect for a cool winter night, this dish combines comforting flavours and texture to make a stick to your ribs favourite!
- 255 g Fresh Cheese Tortellini
- 227 g Cremini Mushrooms
- 10 g Thyme
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 56 g Onion, chopped
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp Sour Cream
- 14 g Dried Mixed Mushrooms
- 10 g Parsley
- Preheat your broiler to high (to broil the gratin). When crumbling the dried mixed mushrooms in step 1, aim for 1/4-inch sizes.
- Wash and dry all produce.* Thinly slice the cremini mushrooms. Strip 1 tbsp thyme leaves from the stems. Crumble the mixed mushrooms into small pieces in the bag. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- COOK MUSHROOMS – Heat a large oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the onions, cremini mushrooms and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden-brown, 7-8 min. Stir in the broth concentrate, dried mushrooms and 1 3/4 cups water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the dried mushrooms soften, 6-7 min.
- COOK TORTELLINI – Meanwhile, add the tortellini to the boiling water. Cook until the pasta is tender, 3-4 min. Drain when the pasta is done cooking.
- PREP AND MAKE TOPPING – Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley. In a small bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE AND BROIL – When the mixed mushrooms are soft, remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the panko mixture. Broil in the centre of the oven until the topping is golden-brown, 3-4 min. (TIP: If you don’t have an oven-proof pan, transfer the mixture to a baking dish before broiling.)
- FINISH AND SERVE – Divide the mushroom tortellini gratin between plates and sprinkle with the parsley.
Notes: This recipe is by no means vegan-friendly. But…..if I am going to cheat on my diet, this is a great way to do it. Talk about comfort food. I made this on a cold, rainy day and it definitely brought a little sunshine and comfort to my day. The flavour was amazing, there were a ton of mushrooms, and the panko topping added the perfect amount of crunch. I love that it was a one-pan meal; it was quick and easy to make. If I wasn’t vegan (95% of the time) this would be a weekly meal in our house.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service! We plan, prep, shop, and deliver fresh ingredients straight to your door!