HelloFresh Canada Review: Zucchini and Lemon Linguine
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our August HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the last of three recipes from our monthly delivery.
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Zucchini and Lemon Linguine with Peas and Pesto
Its peak growing season for zucchini and we love the pairing of green peas, zucchini and lemon in this bright summer pasta. A little squeeze of lemon at the end brings the whole dish together!
- 170 unit Linguine
- 10 unit Garlic
- 160 g Zucchini
- 113 g Green Peas
- 1 unit Lemon
- ¼ cup Basil Pesto
- 1 unit Red Chili
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In Step 6, use the following chili heat guide to determine the spice level you prefer – add 1/8 tsp for warm, 1/4 tsp for hot and 1/2 tsp for spicy!
- Wash and dry all produce.* In a large pot, add 10 1/2 cups water and 2 tsp salt. (NOTE: Use the same water and salt amount for 4 ppl!) Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, quarter zucchini lengthwise, then thinly slice into 1/4-inch thick triangles. Mince or grate garlic. Zest lemon, then cut into wedges. Thinly slice chili, removing the seeds for less heat.
- Add the linguine to the large pot of boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, 10-12 min.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 tbsp oil (dbl for 4 ppl), then the zucchini and chili. (TIP: Adjust chili heat using the spice guide in the Start Strong!) Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender, 3-4 min. When the pasta is tender, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water (dbl for 4 ppl), then drain.
- Add the peas, garlic, basil pesto and reserved pasta water to the pan with the zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 min. Add the linguine, lemon zest, half the Parmesan and 1 tbsp butter (dbl for 4 ppl). Cook, stirring together, until the pasta is warmed through, 1-2 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the zucchini and lemon linguine between bowls. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and squeeze over a lemon wedge, if desired.
Thoughts: I blame HelloFresh Canada for my new obsession with pasta. Actually, I’ve always been a fan, it’s just something I try to avoid due to the carbs, creamy sauces, etc. But……let me tell you……as far as comfort food goes, it doesn’t get better than a big ol’ bowl of pasta. This particular recipe had minimal ingredients (which I love) and it was easy to make (also love). I find this is the case with 95% of my HelloFresh Canada recipes, they are quick and easy. Today’s dish had really nice flavour and I certainly could have made it vegan by switching out the parmesan cheese for vegan cheese or nutritional yeast. Come to think of it, this dish would have been really nice with a nutritional yeast sauce. Anyways……loved this recipe, as per usual. I’m already anticipating my next delivery.
HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service! We plan, prep, shop, and deliver fresh ingredients straight to your door!