Ipsy Review April 2020
Ipsy is a monthly makeup and beauty subscription box – each month includes 4-5 deluxe and full size products, in addition to a beauty bag! They kindly sent me this bag for review.
Ipsy is one of the first subscriptions I received when I started reviewing boxes all those years ago. It’s one of the original beauty subscriptions and one of the most popular boxes on the market.
It has been a few years (something I hate to admit) since my last review so I figured it was time to start sharing it with you again as it’s a subscription I can confidently recommend……and one I look forward to receiving.
I almost forgot how much I love seeing this pretty little bubble mailer arrive at my door.
Ipsy is a monthly beauty membership offering products personalized for you. Here is a breakdown of the different memberships and what you’ll receive:
- Glam Bag: 5 deluxe samples or full-size products, $12/month
- Glam Bag Plus: 5 full-size products, $25/month
- Glam Bag Ultimate: 5 deluxe samples and 8 full-size products, $50/month
Personalization: They personalize your Glam Bag using a system called IPSY Match, which uses the selections from your beauty profile and your product review feedback to choose the best products for you.
Choice: All members can choose 1 of the 5 products you’ll receive in your Glam Bag and Glam Bag Plus, and 1 of the 8 full-size products in your Glam Bag Ultimate each month, while supplies last.
Here’s a closer look at my April Ipsy Glam Bag….
ABOUT THE BAG
With a breezy floral print and pastel hues, this month’s bag was made to bring spring to life.
I am absolutely in love with this month’s bag design. Out of all the Ipsy bags I have seen this would definitely be one of my favourites. The colors are perfect for spring and I love the wooden zipper closure.
Livin’ Lovely Nail Polish
Polish that’s scientifically made to last? Sign us up! This new, NYC-based brand relies on science, research, and a killer sense of aesthetics when making their polishes.
Why You’ll Love It
- We’re fully embracing spring’s lighter color palettes with this perfect, warm-toned orchid shade.
- Day or night, casual or glam, it’s great for every occasion and flatters all skin tones.
- Love the look of a gel mani? This smart formula has a photo-initiator that cures polish in natural light (no need for a UV or LED lamp) and dries to a smooth, gel-like finish.
- No need for touch-ups—this polish wears up to 10 days.
Thoughts: This color is BEYOND gorgeous! And just look at how perfectly it matches the bag. I’m a sucker for a good color scheme and/or things that match.
I’m pretty picky when it comes to polish color but this is a shade I know I will wear often. And I am very intrigued by the fact that the smart formula has a photo-initiator that cures polish in natural light. It says it will wear for up to 10 says which would be awesome!
Dew Me Baked Highlighter in Lit
ESTATE COSMETICS is a Montréal-based brand with a passion for creating super pigmented, long-lasting products with intense color payoff.
Why You’ll Love It
- We’re all about this highlighter’s light, airy texture. You barely feel it on, and it won’t look cakey over your makeup no matter how much you layer.
- This light gold, pearl-finish highlighter will take you from naturally radiant to next-level glow in a snap.
- It’s a baked formula, which means it started as a cream and was slowly cooked in an oven to develop a soft, velvety texture. Bonus: You can use baked formulas dry or wet (to intensify the pigments).
- Aside from their adorable packaging, ESTATE’S products are all cruelty-free, paraben-free, and phthalate-free.
Thoughts: Speaking of pretty beauty products, this highlighter is just as beautiful as the orchid polish. Typically I don’t wear highlighter but this one is so pretty that I just won’t be able to let it go to waste. I will use a tiny bit on the apple of my cheeks and the inner corner of my eyes.
Wonder Eye Cream
UK-based BALANCE ME creates cruelty-free products—from cleansers and moisturizers to serums and oils—made from healthy ingredients designed to bring your skin back into balance.
Why You’ll Love It
- Whether it’s because of late nights, early mornings, or just life—dark circles happen, and they can be super frustrating. That’s why we’re so excited for this super nourishing, brightening under eye cream.
- It’s packed with hyaluronic acid to help the delicate skin under your eyes lock in moisture and stay smooth.
- Healthy botanicals like chamomile, cucumber, witch hazel, and aloe vera majorly hydrate while helping to brighten skin and relieve puffiness on contact.
- It’s super lightweight, but packs a punch—so you can wear it under makeup without feeling a thing.
Thoughts: When I filled out my Ipsy beauty profile I indicated that I would love to receive eye products. It’s my problem area so I love testing out new eye creams. It’s made with natural ingredients like chamomile and witch hazel and it claims to be lightweight but super nourishing. It’s the perfect size for my purse or travel bag.
Hands To Heart Anti-Aging + Brightening Hand Treatment
Founded by Dr. Gary Goldfaden, a dermatologist for over 40 years, GOLDFADEN MD’s physician-strength products are innovative, results-driven, and great for those with sensitive skin. Plus, they’re inspired by nature and made from plant cells and antioxidant-rich botanicals (so they’re extra healthy for you).
Why You’ll Love It
- Just because it’s spring, doesn’t mean your hands no longer need protection. But who wants to slather on heavy hand creams when it’s warm out? Enter, this lightweight, multitasking cream that makes dry, dull hands a distant memory…for good.
- There’s nothing worse than sticky hands, which is why we love how fast this cream soaks into skin.
- Hyaluronic acid is the super-hydrating ingredient parched skin needs. It helps lock moisture into your skin for long-lasting suppleness and softness.
- Niacinamide, glucosamine, and retinol work together to diminish dark spots and marks for brighter, even-toned skin.
Thoughts: An anti-aging product for my hands?! Sign me up! Hand cream is a must-have product as of late due to the fact that I am washing my hands all day, every day. My hands have been very dry so I am applying hand cream at least 3 times a day. I feel like they really took my beauty profile in to consideration when curating my bag.
SHAINA B MIAMI
When we think of Miami, we think of warm weather, and gorgeous, glowing skin. Born on the city’s busy streets and iconic beaches, SHAINA B. MIAMI’s high-performance products and tools are designed to help you live vibrantly and boldly with or without makeup.
Why You’ll Love It
- Meet your powder blush’s new bestie. Keep them together in your makeup bag and they’ll live happily ever after.
- The square-cut shape is super easy to use—no matter your makeup skill level. It gives you a ton of precision and control when applying your blush.
- No streaks here. The ultra-soft bristles blend powder pigments like a dream.
- Love animals? So does SHAINA B. MIAMI. That’s why this brush is 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free too.
Thoughts: This couldn’t have arrived at a better time. I am in desperate need of a new blush brush. It’s one of the few beauty tools I use on a regular basis. I love to see that it is vegan and cruelty-free. Products like this add value to the bag and make for a well-rounded curation.
Ipsy Review April 2020 – Final Thoughts
Can we just talk about how beautiful this month’s bag is?! Not only did I receive a wonderful mixture of products, but the visual presentation is absolutely stunning! As mentioned above, I am a sucker for a good color scheme and/or things that match. Did Ipsy do this on purpose or was it a happy coincidence? Regardless, I am beyond happy with my April bag. It includes 3 products I use on a regular basis, a gorgeous polish perfect for an at-home pedicure and a highlighter that is so pretty I feel the need to add it to my daily make-up routine. I can confidently say that they took my beauty profile into consideration when curating my April Ipsy Bag. A custom selection of beauty products for only $12 per month! I can see why this is one of the most popular beauty subscriptions on the market.