MissFresh Review & COUPON CODE – Honey Glazed Salmon
MissFresh Review – Honey Glazed Salmon
Ok….so here’s the deal. I reviewed my first MissFresh box last week but I have been thinking about it every day since and really felt like I needed to do a follow-up review. When I received my first box I wasn’t as excited about it as I was hoping to be. Some of my produce wasn’t as fresh as it should have been, and I was a little skeptical of the packaging and the recipes. But…..I made all three recipes I received last week and really enjoyed them. Then I received my second box in the mail, and was very impressed with the presentation. I opened it yesterday and everything looked amazing. So, I wanted to make one of the recipes ASAP and show you the results……I’m VERY happy with the way things turned out.
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from 10 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions. Here is why I love recipe delivery services (in their words):
- The everyday puzzle of “What do I cook today?” is resolved.
- I don’t need to run out to find missing ingredients everything I need is provided.
- All recipes are ready within maximum of 30 minutes.
- Meals are healthy and diverse.
- I can reduce waste by only receiving what I will need for my recipes.
The Box: MissFresh
Cost: $12.99 per portion
What You Get: Get new recipes as well as all the ingredients, delivered to your door every week. Choose 2-5 meals per week, and each meal comes in 2-6 portions.
Ships to: Canada
Shipping Cost: $2.50? (this is what I was charged for my first delivery)
Coupon Code: Use this link to get $30 off your first order – CLICK HERE
Honey Glazed Salmon
- 2 cups bell peppers
- 1 sprig coriander
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup ice noodles
- 2 salmon filets
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Mix olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Dice peppers.
- Brush salmon with honey mixture and marinate for a few minutes.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add rice noodles and cook 3 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook 5 minutes to soften. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, brown the salmon 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon with a sprig of coriander, roasted peppers and noodles. Sprinkle sesame seeds on peppers.
MissFresh Review – Final Thoughts
Ok, so here’s my honest opinion. With my first MissFresh delivery I was worried about the packaging, and the recipes. I didn’t know if the recipes would be tasty as they seemed to be lacking flavours, and almost seemed too simple. But…..after making a few of them I realized that the simplicity is the beauty of this subscription. Lots of their recipes have a prep time of only 15 minutes and are easier to make than some of the other meal delivery services I have tried. And in regards to taste, I actually really like all the recipes I have made so far. Sometimes I add a little extra salt & pepper, but for the most part they are great. The recipes I have received have all been very healthy and don’t include a lot of unnecessary ingredients. Sure, they are simple, and to some they might not have enough flavour, but I prefer simple flavours. I don’t want spices and fat and dairy to take away from the main ingredients. In this case, I want to taste the salmon and the peppers. I don’t want them to be covered in a fatty or sugar dressing. Basically, I am a HUGE fan of MissFresh and have already scheduled 2 more deliveries.