Chef’s Plate Review: Buffalo Chickpea Sandwiches
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes range from $8.99 per serving on the Family Plan up to $12.95 on the 15 Minute Meal Plan.
I have to be totally honest about something…. Since we started social distancing we have been ordering 3 different food subscriptions boxes on a weekly rotation. We’ll get a delivery each week from 2 of the 3 boxes and rotate which ones we order from. And since we have been doing this we haven’t definitely noticed that Chef’s Plate has been the most consistent and the most responsive in regards to their customer service. It is for this reason that they are our current fave.
Chef’s Plate has 3 subscription options to choose from:
Classic: The widest selection of recipes in one meal plan. Starting at $9.99 per serving. Choose 2-4 recipes per week. Each recipe is 2-4 servings.
Family: Exciting recipes the whole family will enjoy. Starting at $8.99 per serving. Choose 2-4 recipes per week. Each recipe is 2-4 servings.
Vegetarian: Delicious vegetarian recipes packed with fresh produce, whole grains and plant-based protein. Starting at $9.99 per serving. Choose 2-4 recipes per week. Each recipe is 2 servings.
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of 2016. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Open-Faced Buffalo Chickpea Sandwiches
You’ll need two hands for this craveable chickpea sandwich, smashed and sauced up with buffalo wing sauce. Completing the pub-style pairing are crispy potato wedges which are then dipped into delicious homemade ranch dip.
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 2 Ciabatta Buns
- 55g Mayonaise
- 45g Sour Cream
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 30g White Wine Vinegar
- 113g Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- 56g Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 7g Fresh Chives
- Ranch Spice Mix
- Chickpea Spice Mix
1: Roast Potatoes Wedges:
- preheat oven to 450
- wash and dry potatoes, cut potatoes into wedges, add potatoes to baking sheet, toss with half chickpea spice mix, 1 tbs oil and salt & pepper, roast for 28-35 minutes
2: Roast Chickpeas:
- drain and rinse chickpeas, add to baking sheet, toss with remaining chickpea spice mix, 1 tbs oil, salt and pepper, cover loosely, roast for 10-12 minutes
3: Prepare Ingredients:
- wash and dry remaining ingredients, thinly slice chives, peel and grate carrots
4: Mix Buffalo Sauce and Mash Chickpeas
- in large bowl, mix buffalo sauce, 1tbs melted butter, 1/2 tsp sugar, add roasted chickpeas and toss to coat, season with salt and pepper, mash into rustic texture
5: Mix Chive Ranch Dressing, Toss Slaw:
- in medium bowl mix sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch spice mix, half the chives and 1 tsp vinegar, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine
- in another medium bowl, whisk remaining vinegar, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp sugar, add cabbage and carrots, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat
6: Toast Buns & Serve:
- halve ciabata buns, toast cut side up for 3-5 minutes on oven rack
- serve toasted buns with buffalo chickpeas on the bottom, slaw on top, drizzle with ranch sauce and sprinkle remaining chives
- serve wedges alongside with remaining ranch for dipping
This will be our second time making this recipe as we have ordered it once before. Chef’s Plate usually rotates through their recipes but I’m not sure how often they do so. It’s kind of nice because if you find a recipe you really love then you will hopefully have the chance to order it again. This one in particular is a fave because it’s easy to make, it can be vegan-friendly if you so choose, and it’s a nice mixture between healthy and indulgent. It’s one I would order for a third time if the option presents itself 🙂
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.