Chef’s Plate Review – Peanut Pad Thai
Chef’s Plate it is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Chef’s Plate is my new obsession. I’ve said that before, but I honestly can’t think of another way to describe it. I ordered my first box at the end of August. I started with two meals per week and quickly increased that to 3 per week. If the BF was home more often I would probably increase it to 4 per week. I love this subscription THAT much. Their recipes are amazing. I have absolutely no problem picking out three every week. Sometimes I find four or five that I want to order.
Here’s a look at the recipe I made tonight:
Recipe: Peanut Pad Thai Salad
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 6 oz carrots
- 1/4 oz hemp hearts
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 green onions
- 2 oz peanut butter
- 1 lime
- 1 oz tamari
- 1/2 oz ginger
- 1 g cayenne pepper
- thinly slice pepper, carrots, green onion, quarter lime, and pick cilantro leaves
- bring large pot of water to boil, add rice noodles, cook for 6 minutes, strain and rinse with warm water
- in small bowl whisk peanut butter, tamari, ginger, juice from half lime, 2 tbs water, 1 tbs oil, and cayenne pepper
- in large bowl, add rice noodles, vegetables, pad thai dressing and toss to combine
- plate the peanut pad thai, top with hemp hearts, cilantro and lime wedges
Thoughts: I was SO excited to try this recipe. I absolutely love pad thai but now that I am vegan I can’t order it anymore. This particular recipe is vegetarian and dairy-free, so just imagine how happy I was to be able to order it this week. It was extremely easy to make, not a lot of prep, and it turned out beautifully. The portion size was perfect for two people. I have more than enough left over for lunch tomorrow. I would definitely make this recipe again.
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.